I have a degree in Hispanic Philology (University of Barcelona, 2008) and a Master’s degree in Lexicon and Linguistic Communication (University of Barcelona, 2010), receiving the Special Award in 2009-2010. I am currently writing my thesis project on historical syntax of the Spanish language.
I have also gained an advanced level certificate in English (C1) by the Spanish Official Language School and in Catalan (Catalan D) by the University of Barcelona.
I started working at the Language Services of the University of Barcelona in 2010. Basically, my work consisted in translating and proofreading academic, institutional and journalistic texts.
After my collaboration with this unit, I have been working as a freelance since 2012. My main clients are the Language Services of the University of Barcelona and Language Service of Rovira i Virgili University, the Barcelona City Council, and Cambridge University Press and Editorial Ariel.
• Scientific and technical articles (2015) for University and Knowledge Society Journal.
• Scientific and technical articles (2015) for Quaderns per a la Inclusió Social of University Rovira i Virgili.
• Official documents of Barcelona City Council (2014 – 2015).
• La depresión en las mujeres. Una aproximación multidisciplinaria desde la perspectiva de género (2014) for Publications of University Rovira i Virgili.
• Official documents R&D and articles for congresses and conferences (2014).
• PhD dissertations from different areas of study (2013 – current).
• Muerte a los hombres que piensan (2013) for Editorial Ariel.
• Introduction and modules of Guía Didáctica of The Thinking Lab project (2012 – 2014) for Cambridge University Press.
• Subtitles of Desiderata project (2012) for the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) and Museo del Prado.
• Anuario de la Música en Vivo (2010) for Pauta Media (final revision).
Translation CA < > ES
• Memoria 2014-2015 (2015) of the University of Barcelona, chapters 2-5 (CA > ES).
• Memoria 2013-2014 (2014) of the University of Barcelona, chapters 2-5 (CA > ES).
• Subtitles of the documentary Blood in the Mobile (2014) for Castelldefels Solidaritat Kasando (ES > CA).
• Academic and institutional documents (2010 – current) for the University of Barcelona (CA > ES).
• Virtual Museum (2010 – 2011) of the University of Barcelona (CA > ES).
Cristina Sospedra Díaz-Maroto – Seshat Servicios Lingüísticos